Parent to Parent of Southwest Michigan is a non-profit community organization offering services at no cost to families who have children with disabilities or special needs.

Sensory Processing Disorder

Admin
    Admin

Sensory Processing Disorder

Post  Admin on Wed May 12, 2010 11:51 am

Welcome! This thread is a place where you can connect with others and discuss the challenges and joys of meeting a child with sensory processing disorder's needs.

Parents, family members, caregivers, and friends are all encouraged to share their experiences and provide strength, hope, and friendship for each other.

BubbysAma

Challenges

Post  BubbysAma on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:32 pm

My 8 yr old grandson has the official diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy with autistic tendencies and epilepsy. He has all the behavior issues of a child with Angelmans Syndrome. He is a joy as well as a challenge. He is very mobile with some coordination issues. He is developmentally delayed. I would like to talk to anyone who has any experiences and advice with any of these conditions. caffennefreak@yahoo.com RE with parent to parent please

Boo

Re: Sensory Processing Disorder

Post  Boo on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:48 pm

BubbysAma wrote:My 8 yr old grandson has the official diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy with autistic tendencies and epilepsy. He has all the behavior issues of a child with Angelmans Syndrome. He is a joy as well as a challenge. He is very mobile with some coordination issues. He is developmentally delayed. I would like to talk to anyone who has any experiences and advice with any of these conditions. caffennefreak@yahoo.com RE with parent to parent please

Our 20 month old has atypical cerebral palsy, developmental delay, sleep issues, and a few other diagnoses. He also has a trach and a feeding tube. It was said by the medical professionals that he would not walk or talk. Well he is walking very well, can talk and is bi-lingual (since he can also sign). It has taken a lot of work, numerous trips to OT/PT/and speech therapy and it has all been worth it. He too is a joy! I believe that the most important thing is to never give up and treasure all their gains. Whenever he makes it to a milestone, it seems that we are the only ones who know how much work he had to do to reach that gain.

Sponsored content

Re: Sensory Processing Disorder

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:16 pm